Considering small group intervention work as part of your COVID catch-up premium spend? Then take a look at the DoodleCoaching for Schools programme.
Small group intervention is the most common approach to raising standards, but to do so effectively can be a challenge, especially with today’s primary schools being busier than ever.
Staffing small groups is the biggest consideration. Although it can be expensive to employ external tutors or qualified staff, employing non-teaching specialists entails training and providing a significant amount of supported PPA time, which is an often-overlooked factor.
DoodleCoaching provides a framework that non-teaching specialists use to run small group intervention sessions whilst ensuring they have a significant impact. Schools using DoodleCoaching are able to:
- Measure impact using baseline assessment tools
- Organise intervention groups (which don’t need to be by ability)
- Timetable sessions
- Record weekly progress
This is all accomplished by non-teaching specialists, such as teaching assistants, who:
- Receive initial training from our team of experienced teachers
- Lead exciting 30-minute intervention sessions that are fully differentiated (using DoodleMaths as the main teaching resource)
- Don’t need to plan or mark work
- Address core-learning skills such as growth mindset, confidence and resilience that children can take back into the classroom
How much is DoodleCoaching for Schools?
Not only does DoodleCoaching provide the framework for consistently high-quality intervention, but it can also deliver significant cost savings.
How much? Assuming a mid-sized primary school is running 20 intervention groups across the school, with each group having a 30-minute session intervention session led by a teaching assistant, then for a 39-week school year, the costings can be broken down as follows:
In this instance, DoodleCoaching for Schools is delivering nearly £1000 in savings.
So, when running small group interventions over the next year, consider using our proven DoodleCoaching programme. By investing in non-teaching staff, your school can deliver low cost, stress-free intervention that genuinely has an impact.
Interested in DoodleCoaching for your school?